Saturday, January 2, 2010

Step Four: Buckle Down

I am a horrible time-waster. And it seems the more stressed out and busy that I get the more I tend to want to waste time. This past semester is a great example of that. Towards the end I got frustrated. I did not want to study or even do the reading, or pay attention in class. I knew I wouldn't learn the material magically but I began to lose my motivation. I do feel though that getting more of my home into order has the potential to help me get more of my mind in order, thereby making the semester slightly easier to deal with. The more that I have physically organized the more mental clarity I am finding. Unfortunately classes start the week after next.

Quick side note, who the hell drives off without clearing ANY of their car off?! I just looked out the window to see this car with a back window, and the entire passenger side full of snow, as in can't see a speck of clear space, leaving my parking lot.

Back to buckling down. The fact that school will be starting up again soon does not leave me very much time at all to finish this mission. Although the first week or two I won't have that much crap to do. Next weekend I am having Mini-Geek's birthday party since my family will be back from Hawaii (may they have a snowstorm for their return, similar to the one that we're having now) by then.

I need to learn that I do not need to my google reader a zillion times a day and read every single thing on there. The world will not end if I do not see every lolcat posted on icanhascheezburger. XKCD is not a necessary start to any Monday, Wednesday, or Friday morning. I do not need to at least skim through every article that Wired posts. I do, however, need to stay on top of woots. They sometimes sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment