Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cephalopods and the zoo

The other morning I was searching for cuttlefish wallpapers because cuttlefish are pretty much the cutest things ever. I came across a new blog with an entire post on cuttlefish so I am demanding that you go read it and learn exactly the level of awesomeness that these things achieve.

Also because I really like cephalopods in general (which Blogger is telling me is not word) I ordered an octopus necklace the other day. It is absolutely adorable and I am in love.

Today Mini-Geek went to the zoo for the first time since he was a baby. We went with my step mom, siblings, and the, well, we'll call him the object of my affection. I have never seen that child so well-behaved. He was good and quiet and very unlike his usual wild and loud self. Sadly a number of the animals were napping and we didn't get to see them or at least not very well. At one point a little girl was chattering away next to him and my step mom suggested that he talk to her. He said "I don't have anything to talk to her about." A few minutes later he turned to tell her that the polar bear went into the water but she was already gone. He also decided that he did not want to really hold any of my family's hands, just the object of my affection's hand. If he realized that he was holding someone else's hand he would let go and find him instead. My stuffed animal-fearing son also had little interest in most of the stuff in the gift shop. He ended up with a T-Rex mask, which he then wore and roared at my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment