Monday, September 14, 2009

Exhausted

I hate Mondays. I know everyone tends to, but holy poo on a stick do I. Sunday nights I work 9pm-7am, then I have classes from 7:30am until 12:50pm with absolutely no break. Do you have any idea how exhausted I am right now? How little I feel like reading over my lab for evolutionary biology in the morning, the lab we have a quiz on tomorrow?

Red Bull time.

All that's left of my sickness is a cough that's slowly going away. Mini-Geek barely even has his cough anymore.

Although there's over 3 months left to plan all of this out Mini-Geek has requested the following birthday party/cake: "McQueen and Dory and Nemo and Wall-E and Eve and Shark Movie." Shark Movie is Jaws. Yes my three year old son's favorite movie of the moment is freaking Jaws, which puts me right up there for another award along with the one I should be receiving soon for his favorite songs being "RE: Your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton and "The Whole Night" by Ani DiFranco. Zombies and girls getting it on with each other, although it's subtle enough that he has no effing clue. While I do listen to both Jonathan Coulton and Ani DiFranco and I take sole responsibility for that whole thing, I did NOT introduce him to Jaws, that would be entirely Boppa's doing. And Mini-Geek being, well, Mini-Geek, was not phased by it one bit.

I mean really, this is the child whom I look up cross sections of human legs for on the Internet. The child who at 3 years old knows the organs of the body and what most of them do, that hydrogen and oxygen make up water, and blood has red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. And all of this has been just attemps at sating his curiousity. He wants to move onto cell content. I am not ready to explain the content of cells to my preschooler. I mean don't get me wrong, I know what's in cells and that's even the chapter I am currently reviewing in my Bio book for class, but he is 3 years old.

This child, he's exhausting and the nerdiest 3 year old ever and I wouldn't have it any other way. Well okay, maybe a bit calmer. And he could stop exposing himself to me. But other than that no other way, seriously.

Onto that lab and the final load of laundry now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you have the next Stephen Hawking on your hands! Without the wheelchair and stuff, of course...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With constant flashing added!

    Seriously, nerdiest kid ever though!

    ReplyDelete